Over the next many months and years, Tom and I will be playing through our sickeningly large backlogs of video games. It’s a tough road ahead. These are the rules we will hold fast to.
- Once we start a game, we need to dedicate at least one full, uninterrupted hour to playing.
- At the one hour mark, we must decide on either continuing to play, or canning the game forever.
- If we decide to continue, we must see the game through to completion. This means at least beating the main story or all main levels.
- Only one The Backlog Chronicles game at a time from each of us. We can play other games during this time, but playtime must be minimal and secondary to the main backlog game.
- If we are unable to complete a game, either due to lack of skill or lack of interest, something bad will happen to us. I’m not sure what, yet. But it will be shitty.
The whole point of this is to shame ourselves into completing our backlogs. So it is written – the will of the Backlog Gods. Thou shalt not screw this up.