Last Desperate Stand chronicles the life of a man living in a post apocalyptic world. The story of H.M. Wells is told through a series of journal entries set in the universe of 7 Days to Die. Click here to start from the beginning.
I’ve spent the past few days healing and resting. Did some work, but didn’t push it too hard. What’s the rush anyways? Got nothing but time on my hands. Only job is to not die really. I found some old processed canned meat in the store. Sham, they call it. It’s nasty shit meat, if you can even call it that. Salty as hell. But still, I can’t remember ever being so happy to stuff my face.
Make no mistake about it, the 32X was a failure.
Over the next many months and years, Tom and I will be playing through our sickeningly large backlogs of video games. It’s a tough road ahead. These are the rules we will hold fast to.
- Once we start a game, we need to dedicate at least one full, uninterrupted hour to playing.
- At the one hour mark, we must decide on either continuing to play, or canning the game forever.
- If we decide to continue, we must see the game through to completion. This means at least beating the main story or all main levels.
- Only one The Backlog Chronicles game at a time from each of us. We can play other games during this time, but playtime must be minimal and secondary to the main backlog game.
- If we are unable to complete a game, either due to lack of skill or lack of interest, something bad will happen to us. I’m not sure what, yet. But it will be shitty.
The whole point of this is to shame ourselves into completing our backlogs. So it is written – the will of the Backlog Gods. Thou shalt not screw this up.
I sit here, eyes wide and stinging from staring at the monitor for too long. My restless legs tense and relax quickly, compulsively, as my computer chair rocks back and forth. My heart – is my heart racing? I should calm down for a second and check – relax – focus. No, it seems fine, but it’s definitely beating a little faster than normal. I feel short of breath. Is this anxiety? I think this is anxiety.
Last Desperate Stand chronicles the life of a man living in a post apocalyptic world. The story of H.M. Wells is told through a series of journal entries set in the universe of 7 Days to Die.
My name is Hines Marshall Wells, and I am tired of running. Hell, that’s putting it too lightly. I’m fucking starving. I haven’t eaten in 2 days and I can barely stand. Managed to get a small stash hidden away on top of this grocery store I stumbled upon. I was lucky to find it.
Is a Sega Genesis dishwasher safe? Of course not, but how about the case? A friend of mine was doing some storage space cleaning and found this forgotten gem. He offered it to me as a gift.
That bad boy could be a great portal to a segment of video game history. TONS of great games came out during the 90’s for Sega. But in its current condition, this one looks like crap next to my other entertainment center components.